Facility Name: Nashawtuc Country Club
Facility Location: Concord, MA
Position / Title: 2nd Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: Nashawtuc Country Club is an 18 hole, private club located in Concord, MA. The club features a golf course designed by Geoffrey Cornish in 1960, redesigned by Rees Jones, Inc. in 2017-2018. Nashawtuc is a member-owned, family oriented club that includes 3 Har-Tru clay tennis courts, 2 hard surface courts, swimming pool and fitness center. Winter amenities include 3 platform tennis courts, ice rink, cross country ski trails through the golf course and sledding hill.
Experience Desired: 3 to 5 years of golf course maintenance work experience or related field. Experience with hand watering, granular and spray applications, management of small crews and construction experience a plus.
Duties Description: The 2nd Assistant superintendent will work closely with the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent and will be involved in all aspects of golf course maintenance including, but not limited to: mowing, rolling, hand watering, course setup, disease and pest monitoring, granular fertilizer calibration/application, spray calibration/application, irrigation troubleshooting and repair, supervision of seasonal staff, project leadership, snow plowing/removal.
Special Skills: Applicants should be willing to work extensive hours through the golf season. The applicant should possess the desire to succeed and advance their career in the golf course industry. The position requires a positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work with and lead a diverse crew and willingness to learn. MA pesticide applicators license or ability to obtain within 3 months required.
Compensation / Benefits: Hourly rate range of $25-27 DOE, w/ ample overtime in season; Health insurance, uniforms, golfing privileges, dues paid for local and national associations, possible housing if needed, 401k and annual vacation (after 1 year).
Education Level Required: 2-4 year associates or bachelor degree with focus on turf or related field is desired; completion of certificate program along with adequate work experience will be strongly considered
Position Available: ASAP
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply (electronically): Email resume, cover letter and references
Apply To: Troy Noble
Director of Grounds/Superintendent
Facility Name: Nantucket Golf Club
Location: Nantucket, MA
Position / Title: Second Assistant Superintendent
Nantucket Golf Club is an exclusive private golf club located on an island 30 miles from Cape Cod. The course was designed by Rees Jones and named Best New Private Golf Course by Golf Digest. The club continually invests in capital improvement projects. In recent years, we expanded our golf course management facility, built 22 new tee boxes, completed a renovation of our driving range and short game area, and received a new and complete fleet of Toro equipment and Club Car utility carts. In the fall of 2023, we will begin a complete bunker renovation. In 2024, with Tanto Irrigation, we will begin an irrigation replacement project (Toro 2-wire system).
Past assistants have been successful in attaining Golf Course Superintendent positions or closely related positions in the turf industry. Our management philosophy, coupled with large capital improvement projects, give our assistants the confidence and experience necessary to be successful in their careers.
Purpose of Position:Under the direction of the Golf Course Manager, the Second Assistant Superintendent is part of the management team that oversees and ensures the quality of the golf course, grounds, and capital improvement projects.
• Assists with overseeing the successful management of Golf Course Management (GCM) operations. Works in cooperation with the Golf Course Manager, Senior Assistant, and additional Assistant to maintain the golf course and surrounding areas in a manner required to meet member satisfaction.
• Collaborates with Golf Course Manager and Senior Assistant to manage and direct GCM staff in daily operations, designating job functions, and ensuring completion of tasks and duties. Responsible with GCM management staff for hiring, training, scheduling, and performance assessment.
• Supervises and directs staff as assigned. Encourages staff teamwork, keeps morale high, and creates a positive, productive work environment. Actively assists with GCM internship program/mentoring.
• Coordinates with the Golf Course Manager to develop and plan annual GCM budget and forecasts for expenses, labor costs, and capital expenditures and projects. Completes required reports including, but not limited to, schedules, fertilizer and pesticide, water use, safety, and compliance.
• Administers and/or supervises the proper use, storage, and handling of fertilizers and chemicals.
• Pursues related education and training. Attends conferences and trade shows. Maintains necessary licenses and professional affiliations. Performs other duties as designated by the Golf Course Manager
• College degree or certificate in turfgrass management or related field. Two years prior golf club experience. Management experience desirable but will train the right individual.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary: $70,000, plus year-end bonus. Housing available
• Health and dental insurance – 100% of premiums paid by club. 401k with company match
• Excellent work/quality of life balance – during the season and offseason. Vacation and paid time off
• Career advancement resources available and fees reimbursed or paid directly by the club
• Uniforms, lunches during the club season, golfing privileges, golf shop employee discount
• GSCAA and local chapter dues. Continuing education, conferences and trade shows
Application instructions: open immediately and until filled. Please email cover letter and resume to Mark Lucas, Golf Course Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facility Name: Brookmeadow Country Club
Location: 100 Everendon Road Canton, MA 02021
Position / Title: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Facility Description: Brookmeadow Country Club is an 18-hole public golf course located in Canton, Massachusetts. Founded in 1966, Brookmeadow provides one of the finest public golf experiences in the Boston area.
Experience Desired: 2+ years of working on a golf course. Management experience is preferred, but not required.
Responsibilities Description: The Assistant Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and helps lead Brookmeadow’s turf management team. This position involves oversight of all aspects of the golf course property including daily course set-up, general mowing and maintenance, pesticide applications, irrigation repairs and installs, management of course improvement projects, and crew management. Brookmeadow installed a brand-new Rainbird IC irrigation system in 2019, and is currently working through a master plan for course renovations. Ideal candidates have flexible schedules with the ability to work weekends and holidays during peak golf season.
Compensation and Benefits: $60,000-$65,000 base salary with eligibility for discretionary year-end bonus, health and dental Insurance, paid vacation, discounted lunch, employee discounts on golf apparel and equipment, complimentary golf & driving range privileges, reimbursement of dues & expenses for local & national professional associations (including travel to meetings and conferences)
Education Requirements: Certificate or college degree in turfgrass science or an agronomy-related field preferred.
Date Position is Available: Nov 16, 2022
How to Apply: Electronically
Apply to Craig MacDonald - email@example.com
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2022
Application Deadline: Jan 16, 2023
Facility Name: Stonebridge Country Club
Location: Goffstown, NH
Position/Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: Stonebridge is a premier semi-private 18-hole course in southern New Hampshire, located 15 minutes from both Concord and Manchester, and 30 minutes from Nashua. Stonebridge has hosted many events in the recent past including the LPGA Symetra Tour (2014) New Hampshire Open (2013, 2018), and many smaller NHGA events. The golf course was built in the late 90’s with L-93 bent greens built on 80/20 mix, Bluegrass/Ryegrass/Bent fairways, bent grass approaches, and a mix of bluegrass and bent grass tees. Toro Irrigation system with an upgrade to Lynx central control planned for this fall/winter.
Job Description: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Employee training, supervision, and scheduling
• Safety training and enforcement
• Fertilizer and pesticide application
• Daily course set up
• Irrigation maintenance and repair
• Hand watering
• Construction and renovation projects
• Turf management degree or certificate preferred.
• Prior experience as an assistant, AIT, or intern.
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to the job.
• Must be reliable and trustworthy.
• Obtain NH pesticide license within 60 days
Salary and benefits:
• 45-55k salary DOE+ Bonus
• Local and national association dues.
• Health insurance reimbursement
• Clothing allowance
• Unlimited golfing privileges
• Paid vacation time.
• Reasonable hours and a good work/life balance.
Please send resumes and any questions to:Keith Daury, Golf Course Superintendent
Date Posted: November 10, 2022
Facility Name: Country Club of Wilbraham
Location: 859 Stony Hill Rd. Wilbraham, MA
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: Located in Western Massachusetts we are a semi - private 18- hole golf course with our front nine built in 1927 by Willie Ogg and our back nine built in 2002 by William Armacost. We will be going through an in-house course renovation on six holes.
Experience Desired: We are looking for someone with golf course experience and is highly motivated. Must have a pesticide license and obtain category 37.
Responsibilities Description: You will be responsible to run maintenance crew under the supervision of the superintendent. All aspects of maintaining the daily golf operation. Responsible for all irrigation repairs. Keep updated records of pesticide spray log and fertilizer applications.
Special Skills: Must be a people person. Communication is very important with the Golf Pro and his staff also the membership.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary $35,000 – $40, 000 based on experience, year round position. 70/30 health insurance, vacation time, sick time and 401k. GCSAA and GCSANE dues paid. Pesticide license and Turf conference paid by club.
Education Requirements: Turf degree or Certificate is a bonus.
Date Position is Available: Jan 02, 2023
How to Apply: Electronically
Apply to: Matthew Kowal, Golf Course Superintendent
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2022
Application Deadline: Dec 04, 2022
Facility Name: Tatnuck Country Club
Location: Worcester, MA
Facility Information: Tatnuck Country Club is a Private 9-hole Donald Ross design course with a full-service club house, pool and racquets. Currently in the process of a restoration improvement plan with course architects Bradley S. Klein and Dusenberry Design.
Job Description: The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendent's supervision, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course, club grounds and cart paths; supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment; and does related work as required. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent:
How to apply: Contact Craig Resley at firstname.lastname@example.org by email with resume and cover letter attached.
Position will remain open until filled.
Date Posted: October 24, 2022
Laconia Country Club
Position / Title
Laconia Country Club is an upscale private country club built in 1922 than renovated in 2000. Laconia Country Club has been host to several state amateurs and USGA woman’s amateur qualifier
Supervisory experience required
•3 years minimum turf grass management experience required
•Must possess basic computer skills – Word and Excel •Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
•Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
•Must possess strong leadership and problem solving skills
• Inspect golf facility on a daily basis, monitor the conditioning and playability of all 18 holes and practice areas
• Instruct and train staff in safe equipment use, proper maintenance, and safe operating procedures.
• Participate in conducting performance appraisals to ensure the standards are achieved to meet and exceed the expectations of Laconia Country Club.
• Organize and keep accurate records on maintenance procedures, pesticide/fertilizer applications, safety meetings, and staff assignments.
• Works closely with management team producing and carrying out weekly schedules.
• Works closely with management team in preparing short-term and long-term agronomic strategies to maintain the golf course.
• Participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, irrigation and drainage systems.
• Works closely with the management team to help provide good morale and a positive work environment.
• Valid driver’s license
• Have or obtain NH pesticide applicators license within 6 months of employment.
• Applicant should be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and ability work weekends and holidays.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range $50,000 to 60,000 dependent on experience. Benefits: 100% Health Insurance coverage, 401K, short and long term disability insurance, Association dues and meetings, golf privileges, uniforms, meal discounts.
Degree or certificate in Turfgrass Management or related field.
Date Position is Available
Open until filled
How to Apply
Electronically or Mail
Email resume to email@example.com
Or mail to:
Laconia Country Club607 Elm St
Laconia, NH 03246
Sep 8, 2022
Jan 01, 2023
Facility Name: The Meadow at Peabody Golf Course
Facility Location: Peabody, MA
Position/Title: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
To view the details for this position click this link.
© 2022 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE