Facility Name: Breakfast Hill Golf Club
Facility Location: Greenland, NH
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: Breakfast Hill Golf Club is an 18-hole upscale public golf course on NH's seacoast. Designed by Brian Silva and built in 2000, Breakfast Hill is a true New England golf course situated on 170 acres of tree-lined fairways with signature granite outcroppings. We have consistently been ranked as one of NH’s top 5 courses. We will be hosting the NH Seacoast Am in June of 2021 and the NH State Open in 2022. We strive to run an efficient operation while maintaining outstanding conditions.
- 7 years of experience on a golf course maintenance crew preferably some as a 1st or 2nd assistant, irrigation technician, or spray technician
- Irrigation Repair
- Pesticide and fertilizer application
- Maintaining chemical application logs
- Effectively managing crew members
The Assistant Superintendent will have a hand in all maintenance activities with an emphasis on pesticide application and crew management. The position requires a professionally driven individual who operates with the highest expectations and efficiencies. Some of the duties include the following:
- Pesticide and fertilizer applications
- Irrigation and drainage repair/installation
- Equipment maintenance
- Employee training
- Wilt and insect scouting
- Grinding reels
- Tree and brush work
- Plowing and snow removal
- Must be able to obtain a NH Pesticide Applicator’s License within 30 days
- Must be highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Must be able to work independently or with others to complete tasks without supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively to management and staff
- Must be able to give instruction and manage small crews
- Must be able to perform mathematic calculations involving fractions and percentages
- Must be able to research and interpret technical information from manuals and online sources
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs frequently
- Must be able to stand, walk or sit for up to 4 hours
- Must have strong organizational skills
Compensation / Benefits: Salary: $40-$45k per year
Education Level Required: Preferred, but not required a Turf Management certificate or completed a two or four year program in a related field of study.
Date Position Available: ASAP
Breakfast Hill Golf Club
339 Breakfast Hill Rd
Greenland, NH 03840
How to Apply (electronically):
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: June 1, 2021
Facility Name: Presidents Golf Course at the Wollaston Recreational Facility
Facility Location: 357 West Squantum Street North Quincy, MA 02171
Position / Title: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Facility Description: Eighteen hole Fazio design opened in 1977 operated by The County of Norfolk
Experience Desired: A minimum of two years golf course experience.
Duties Description: Principal responsibilities include directing and participating in the maintenance operations of the facility, directs maintenance personnel, and performs any duties necessary as assistant to the department head.
Duties include assigning daily work schedule and secondary tasks of the golf course maintenance, and support golf course personnel. Will assist the Director in planning and scheduling maintenance activities. Supervises and participates in the application of pesticides, fertilizers and other materials necessary in maintaining the golf course in keeping with contemporary standards of the industry. Outlines, supervises and participates in equipment maintenance. Responsible for the functioning of the irrigation system effecting necessary repairs during the season and sprinkler maintenance. Implements employee training in the proper care and use of the golf course maintenance equipment.
Position reports to the Golf Course Director and to to the County Director or the County Commissioners. Will be in charge of the Wollaston recreational facility in the Director’s absence.
Compensation / Benefits: Starting salary$64,905.00 with overtime and competitive benefits.
Education Level Required: An Associate’s degree in Turfgrass Management or related field preferred. MA Pesticide license and drivers license required.
Date Position Available: ASAP
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Apply To: Carl Miner, Director
How to Apply (electronically or by mail):
Carl Miner Director
Wollaston Recreational Facility
357 West Squantum street
North Quincy, MA 02171
Date Posted: 5/27/2021
© 2020 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE