Facility Name: The Golf Club at Turner Hill
Facility Location: Ipswich, MA
Position / Title: First Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: Turner Hill is an 18 hole club designed by Hurzdan/Fry and built in 2003.
Experience Desired: Minimum 4 years of golf course experience
Duties Description: Responsibilities include, but not limited to, schedule and supervise a staff of 22, pesticide and fertilizer applications, payroll management, daily inspection and identification of course conditions and issues, staff safety training, irrigation repairs, purchasing, snow removal,
Special Skills: Desirable candidate will possess the following attributes: self-motivated, attention to detail, basic Spanish speaking and comprehension, ability to obtain MA pesticide license within 3 months, computer experience, able to perform a wide range of physical activity daily, and must be able to work weekends and holidays throughout the year.
Compensation / Benefits: $52000 - $62000 annually, employee meal, vacation and personal days, discretional golf access, after 90 days – medical, dental, eye, life, and long term disability insurances will be provided, and 401-K.
Education Level Required: 2 or 4 year degree in turf related field
Date Position Available: June 1st
Application Deadline: June 1st
Apply To: John Sadowski – Director of Golf and Grounds
How to Apply - send email to: email@example.com
Date Posted: May 17, 2019
Facility Name: Eastward Ho!
Facility Location: 325 Foxhill Road Chatham, Massachusetts 02633
Position / Title: 2nd Assistant
Eastward Ho! Is a private 18-hole Herbert Fowler design located on the coastline of Cape Cod. Built in 1922 the course boasts unique architecture that follows the topography of glacial moraines.
The Assistant works closely alongside the Superintendent in all aspects of turf maintenance. This position requires a professionally driven individual who operates with the highest expectations and efficiencies. Strong organizational skills are required as it relates to scheduling, budgeting, record-keeping, and leadership. Required to lead seasoned crew through projects, applications, and daily operations. Individual understands the requirements and demands of turf maintenance at a high-level private facility.
We are seeking individuals that understand what it takes to be the best.
Experience Desired: Any
• Manage and motivate staff.
• Hire and fire staff.
• Train and educate staff.
• Evaluate staff.
• Maintain strong relationships with vendors.
• Maintain strong relationships with other departments and department heads.
• Plan and write schedules.
• Plan projects.
• Keep records.
• Calibrate application equipment.
• Scout for disease and weed pressure.
• Spray fertilizer and chemicals on greens, tees, approaches, fairways, and rough.
• Apply fertilizer and seed with various spreaders.
• Document shoreline work and erosion.
• Evaluate equipment, protection products, irrigation products, spray programs, etc.
• Fix ballmarks.
• Roll greens.
• Mow greens.
• Hand rake bunkers.
• Blow debris.
• Spot water greens/surrounds.
• Walk mow tees and collars.
• Walk mow rough around greens and bunkers.
• Fill tee and fairway divots.
• Clipping disposal.
• Triplex mow approaches and runoffs.
• Rotary mow green and tee surrounds.
• Mow primary rough.
• Spot water fairways.
• Course Set Up
• Change cups
• Move tee markers
• Remove trash
• Fill tee divots
• Tree pruning and removal.
• Pump water from the golf course.
• Groom greens.
• Verticut greens.
• Topdress greens, approaches, and tees.
• Operate backhoe, forklift, and mini-excavator.
• Operate aerification equipment.
• Operate tractors.
• Assist supervisors with staff training and supervision.
• Assist equipment technician with equipment repairs and maintenance.
• Must be motivated by demanding work environment.
• Must possess a strong work ethic and attitude.
• Weekends, holidays, and evening work.
• 2 year commitment.
• Computer and organizational skills.
Compensation / Benefits:
• Onsite Housing
• Health Insurance
• Paid vacation/sick & personal
• Life insurance
• Shoe allowance
• Local chapter education
• Golfing privileges
• Holiday Bonus
Education Level Required:
• Must hold or must obtain, within 6 months of hire, a turf certificate, 2 year or 4 year degree.
• Attend continuing educational turf seminars.
• Acquire and maintain licenses by meeting education requirements.
• Must be able to obtain a spray license from the state of MA within 6 months of hire.
• Must be able to obtain a hoisting license from the state of MA within 6 months of hire.
Date Position Available: May 1st
Apply To: Frank Hancock, Superintendent
How to Apply (electronically): Email cover letter, resume and references to Fhancock@eastwardho.net
Date Posted: 4/30/2019
Facility Name: Easton Country Club
Facility Location: 265 Purchase Street, South Easton, MA
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: ECC is a family owned and operated 18 hole golf course and function hall facility.
Experience Desired: Three or more years of experience in the golf course industry. MA pesticide license.
Description: The position of Assistant Superintendent will assist the Superintendent in all aspects of golf course maintenance. Applicants must be comfortable with daily course setup, hand watering, irrigation maintenance and repair, fertilizer and chemical applications and the management of 10 or more employees. A strong attention for detail is expected. Willing to train.
Special Skills: Irrigation repair
Compensation / Benefits: $20 - 22 per hour, half off meals, uniforms, paid vacation, 50% healthcare
Education Level Required: Certificate in Turf MGT, 2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Mgt or related field.
Date Position Available: ASAP
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Apply To: Matt Ponte, Superintendent
How to Apply - electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 4/15/19
© 2018 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE Content Managed by TURFCLOUD