Description: Alpine Country Club is a private 18-hole design by Geoffrey Cornish in Cranston, RI. Opened in 1960, the course comprises 150 acres which includes the golf course, extensive practice facilities, a pool area and horticultural amenities. Alpine has a growing, active membership with annual rounds at 17,000+ during a ten month season.
Education: Four or two year degree preferred in Turf Management or related field. Should possess or be able to obtain RI Pesticide Applicators License.
Experience: As part of the Alpine team you will be expected to help manage work efficiently around play. Candidate should have strong experience in basic maintenance tasks, irrigation management, equipment operation training, fertilizer/pesticide applications, course set-up, and IPM scouting. Should ideally have at least 2 years’ experience in managing and training staff to perform at a level to exceed our members and guests expectations.
Most importantly candidate should have a people oriented demeanor that meshes with our mature staff, helps integrate new staff, our other departments and the rest of our Alpine family.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range starting at $52,000-56,000 based on qualifications, full benefit package with some employee contribution, paid vacation per club policy, uniforms, local association dues and education paid for, meals, golf privileges. We are a Troon Prive’ managed facility, which opens the Troon network of opportunities to the successful candidate.
POSITION OPEN IMMEDIATELY!
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Scott Gabrielson, CGCS
Alpine Country Club
251 Pippin Orchard RD
Cranston, RI 02921
DATE POSTED: March 19, 2019
Facility Name: Charles River Country Club
Facility Location: Newton, MA
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: 1921 Donald Ross designed Private Country Club
Experience Desired: 3+ years of experience in the Golf Course industry. Personnel management is a must.
Duties Description: The Candidate will assist the Superintendent in all aspects of Golf Course Maintenance. Individual must be skilled in all facets of golf maintenance and daily set-up, and must be able to manage teams of ten or more. Candidate must possess a strong attention to detail.
Compensation / Benefits: Dependent on experience. Benefits include- 401k partial match program, Health and Dental Insurance, Uniforms, Lunch, Cell phone, Local and National Dues.
Education Level Required: Associates or Bachelors Degree in Turfgrass Management or similar field.
Date Position Available: 4/1/2019
Application Deadline: 4/1/2019
Apply Electronically To: Paul Blanusa, Superintendent
Date Posted: 3/18/2019
POSITION: 2nd Assistant Superintendent
Acushnet River Valley Golf Course, Acushnet Massachusetts
COURSE: Established in 1998 and designed by Brian Silva, Acushnet River Valley is an 18-hole municipal golf course located in Southeastern Massachusetts. Greens, Tees, and Fairways are L93 bentgrass. The irrigation system is a Toro Lynx. The facility includes a 5,000 square foot turf care center, a practice range, and annual rounds of 34 to 38,000 during a ten month season from mid March through mid December.
DUTIES: Equipment operation for routine and specialized turf maintenance (mowing, vertical mowing, aeration and topdressing). Course set up, irrigation system troubleshooting and some programing, chemical and fertilizer application, record keeping and staff training. Will also perform other duties as directed by the superintendent or assistant superintendent. Supervision of a small labor force for sand bunker upkeep, improvement, and renovation. The 2nd Assistant Superintendent is required to work weekends and in-season holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS: An enthusiastic, motivated individual, who is detail oriented and willing to work the hours necessary to achieve a desired end. Applicants should possess a two or four year degree in Turf Management or a related discipline. Two years’ employment as a member of a golf course maintenance staff is desired but not required. Knowledge of pesticide and fertilizer application is preferred. The individual must have, or obtain within 6 months, a Massachusetts Pesticide Applicators License and a Massachusetts Hoisting License.
COMPENSATION: Salary starting at $30,500 is negotiable based on experience. Comprehensive benefit package available. Dues paid for local association and GCSAA. Expenses paid for local educational seminars, Uniform provided.
DEADLINE: The position will remain open until filled.
CONTACT: Stephen B. Tibbels CGCS
Acushnet River Valley Golf Course
685 Main St.
Acushnet, MA 02743
DATE POSTED: March 15, 2019
Facility Name: Haverhill Country Club
Facility Location: Haverhill, MA
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: The Haverhill Country Club is a private 18-hole Wayne Styles designed golf course located in the Merrimack Valley about an hour from Boston. HCC is looking for a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude to join our team as Assistant Superintendent. The candidate must have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn all aspects of golf course maintenance.
Experience Desired: 2 or more seasons of golf course experience in a supervisory role preferred.
• The Assistant would work directly with the Superintendent to oversee and train the maintenance crew in all day to day operations
• Directly involved in all daily watering
• Inspect/diagnose/repair the Toro irrigation system
• Apply fertilizers and plant protectants
• Maintain accurate records for all pesticide applications
• Responsible for weekly payroll updates and monthly inventory reports
Special Skills: Must be able to obtain MA and NH pesticide license within 90 days of hire.
Compensation / Benefits: A highly competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered. Medical Benefits, 401K, vacation/sick time, local and national association membership dues, uniforms and golf privileges.
Education Level Required: 2 or 4 yr degree/certificate in a turf-care related field preferred but not required.
Date Position Available: March 18, 2019
Apply To: Max Sheridan
How to Apply: email at email@example.com
Date Posted: March 10, 2019
Facility Name: Hidden Creek Country Club
Facility Location: Litchfield, NH
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: Hidden Creek is a nine hole daily fee course with bentgrass greens and a bluegrass ryegrass mix for fairways tees and rough, with an all grass driving range and practice facility. We strive to provide country club conditions.
Duties Description: Assistant duties will include staff supervision, equipment operation, fertilizer and chemical calibration and application, record keeping, water management, irrigation maintenance and repair, etc. Individual needs to be motivated to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner. The ability to adjust plans to changing situations is necessary, as well as the desire and motivation to learn.
Special Skills: Must have or be able to obtain a NH pesticide applicators license.
Compensation/Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience, health insurance, vacation, 401K, golf privileges
Date Position Available: immediately
Apply To: Send resume to: Jeff Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Charbonneau at Jill@passaconawaycc.com
or mail to: Jill Charbonneau
12 Midway Ave
Litchfield, NH 03052
Date posted: March 8, 2019
Facility Name: Bald Peak Colony Club
Facility Location: Melvin Village, NH
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent of Golf & Grounds
Facility Description: Bald Peak Colony Club is an exclusive private golf community on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in Moultonborough, NH. Set on over 1000 acres of land, the club is home to a 1921 Donald Ross golf course, a world class practice facility, clubhouse operation with fine dining, tennis courts, docks, beach, walking trails and more.
Experience Desired: Two or four-year degree in Turfgrass Management program or related field. Minimum three to five years related experience in a private club setting or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to obtain a NH pesticide applicator’s license required.
• Maintains all leased grounds and course maintenance equipment under direction from Superintendent.
• Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned in this department
• Assists in the annual review of all green and grounds staff.
• Assists in supervision of all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and other facilities on the golf course
• Assists mechanics in the operation of the equipment repair shop
• Assists in the preparation of annual budget for department; takes corrective action as necessary to help in meeting budget goals
• Administers and executes weekly payroll under guidance from Superintendent
• Develops and maintains drainage, irrigation and watering systems
• Maintains course in proper playing condition as directed by the Green and Grounds Committee.
• Works closely with the Superintendent of the Bald Peak Land Company and Bald Peak Colony Club on matters of common concern with respect to operations and objectives of the course.
• Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members and guests on course in compliance with local, state and federal laws
• Maintains complete, detailed and accurate records on maintenance quality, including without limitation, inventory, payroll, weather data, pesticide and fertilizer applications and equipment failures
• Communicates as necessary with golf professional staff to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans and scheduled events
• Attends all Green and Grounds Committee meetings and assists in material preparation for said meetings
• Insures that chemicals, petroleum and other controlled products are used, stored, and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Maintains required records and strives to minimize the use of chemicals and petroleum products
• Attends staff and management meetings as requested by the General Manager or Superintendent
• Attends turf conferences, equipment shows, workshops and other educational programs to maintain a current knowledge of technical and turf innovations and changes that could affect the department’s operations
• Assist in the preparation and revision of grounds manual with direction from the Green and Grounds Committee
• Maintains procedures for preservation of supplies and equipment and performs periodic inventory reviews to monitor use and prevent loss or theft.
• Assists in the establishment of short and long-range plans for the golf course
• Oversees all course construction
• Conducts daily facility and Land Company grounds security checks ensuring accurate inventory of equipment and structures
• Continued professional development and training activities
• Assists in Management of all infrastructure systems; lake water provisioning, including pump house, golf course irrigation supply and resident lake water supply; septic; roads; drainage; signage; beach facilities; structures (docks and non-leased buildings). This includes maintenance and repair of these systems, and if outside contractors are required, overseeing their work. It also includes maintaining documentation for these systems and development of any other records necessary for ongoing maintenance and repairs.
• Manages and participates in snow removal from roadways and resident driveways.
• Assist in oversight of tree removal requests from Land Company residents.
• Assists in management of all resident services, including trash collection and requested residential work.
Special Skills: Individual is expected to have a high level of motivation, organization and attention to detail. A strong work ethic is a must, with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment. A history of personnel management of a bilingual crew preferred. Bald Peak is looking for a reliable individual to join the team.
Compensation / Benefits: salary commensurate with experience. Health, 401k plan, Life Insurance, Short and Long-term disability, Vacation, Uniforms, Association dues, Continuing education opportunities, Golfing privileges
Education Level Required: Two or four-year degree in Turfgrass Management program or related field. Minimum three to five years related experience in a private club setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2019
Apply To: Caleb Rudolph
How to Apply (by mail or email: email@example.com or
Superintendent of Golf & Grounds
PO Box 201
Melvin Village NH 03850
Date Posted: March 1, 2019
Facility Name: Sterling National Country Club
Facility Location: Sterling, MA
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: Private Country Club
Experience Desired: 2-5 Years of golf course experience
Duties Description: Candidate should be knowledgeable in basic management practices related to golf course maintenance including irrigation, spraying, fertilizing and daily course set up. Some mechanical ability, irrigation use and repair, as well as supervisory experience is preferred.
Special Skills: Must have a valid MA driver’s license. Must have or be able to obtain a MA Pesticide License within 90 days. Associate degree in Turf Grass Management or a related field is a plus.
Date Position Available: 3/1/19
Application Deadline: 3/21/19
Apply To: Michael Little
How to Apply (electronically by email): firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 2/27/19
This Position Will Remain Open Until Filled
Recruitment of external applicants is underway concurrent with this posting.Resumes and letters of interest can be submitted via mail to Employment@cambridgema.govCambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
POSITION & DEPARTMENT: Greens Assistant, Fresh Pond Golf Course
Department of Human Service Programs
JOB CODE/POSITION#: A694-702
CIVIL SERVICE: Non-Civil Service
UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union Position
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hrs/wk; early mornings and weekends
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Taking technical supervision from and reporting to the Superintendent as well as the Golf Professional/Director, the Greens Assistant is responsible for:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Three years of experience overseeing all areas of golf course maintenance. Knowledge of grinding reels and bedknives/setting and maintaining height of cut. Must have a pesticide applicators license. Winter school certificate or 2 year degree in Turfgrass Management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Repetitive lifting between 25 – 200 pounds, bending, squatting, stretching, pushing, dragging and pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposed to all weather conditions and will work in a moderate to high noise level environment caused by the sound of machinery or powered equipment being used. Required to adhere to all safety and dress code policies.
RATE: $ 28.00/hr- $32.00/hr + excellent benefits
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Review of resumes is on-going
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
DATE POSTED: February 19, 2019
Facility Name: Lake Winnipesaukee Golf Club
Facility Location: New Durham, NH
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: An exclusive, high-end, private golf club located in the scenic Lakes Region of New Hampshire. 18 holes of world class golf with a driving range and short game area located on 700 acres of beautiful terrain. The clubhouse includes two dining rooms, a grill room, bar, snack and lunch facilities.
Experience Desired: Previous experience as an Assistant Superintendent or 2+ years as a 2nd Assistant or Assistant in Training with supervisory/management experience preferred.
Duties Description: The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent (AGCS) at LWGC reports to the Golf Course Superintendent with oversight from the General Manager. The AGCS assists with the day-to-day oversight of the maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and surrounding grounds including but not limited to the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance complex.
• Responsible for all phases of golf course maintenance as directed by the Superintendent.
• Supervises employees in the maintenance department as needed and instructed by the Superintendent.
• Issue written and oral instructions to grounds personnel, assigning duties and examining work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Manage proper application and documentation of all chemicals and fertilizers as outlined in the agronomic plan and schedule.
• Properly operate and calibrate maintenance equipment.
• Assist in programing irrigation to not overwater the course, using only what is necessary.
• Provide coaching, training, mentoring and a safe working environment for the grounds staff.
• Report any staffing issues immediately to the Superintendent assisting with creating a great working environment.
• Create an open dialogue and build an excellent relationship with Superintendent, Director of Golf and General Manager.
• Assist with clubhouse maintenance as needed.
• Ensuring property is clear and safe for travel with snow removal on the club’s roads, parking lots, entrance area and all vents stay free and clear.
• Perform any related duties as assigned.
• Stay current with new trends, technologies, licenses and permits.
• Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk on flat and sloped terrain. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/move an average of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. Exposure to heat and cold weather, working outdoors, using chemicals and pesticides, gasoline, oil. Exposed to vibration, mechanical and electrical hazards. Work extended hours during the golf season.
Special Skills: We are looking for a highly motivated individual that has a passion for the golf course maintenance industry and a strong desire to be part of a team that provides world class golfing conditions.
Compensation / Benefits: Commensurate with experience, Health, Dental, 401K after one year, vacation, dues for GCSAA and NHGCSA membership, golf privileges.
Education Level Required: Associates or bachelor’s degree in turf management preferred. Turf certificate background paired with a high level of experience will also be given serious consideration. Previous experience as an Assistant Superintendent or 2+ years as a 2nd Assistant or Assistant in Training with supervisory/management experience preferred.
Date Position Available: March 2019
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Apply To: Marc Roberts, Golf Course Superintendent
How to Apply - electronically: Send cover letter and resume to
Date Posted: 2/15/19
Facility Name: The Cape Club Resort
Facility Location: East Falmouth, MA
Position / Title: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Facility Description: 18 Hole Resort
Experience Desired: Minimum two year golf course experience or summer internships
Duties Description: The Cape Club is seeking applicants with a strong work ethic, highly motivated and a positive attitude. The Assistant will be involved in the daily course management and will work closely with the Superintendent and The Director of Agronomy. The applicant should have experience with irrigation repair, fertilizer/pesticide application and calibration, disease identification and water management. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of turf management including: spraying, water management, budgeting, staff management, daily planning and record keeping/reporting and irrigation repair.
Special Skills: Possess MA pesticide license or ability to obtain within first 90 days. Valid driver’s license.
Compensation / Benefits: $40,000 to $50,000 DOE, Health Insurance, uniforms, golf privileges, and local association dues paid
Education Level Required: Minimum Turf Certificate
Date Position Available: ASAP
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
Apply To: Bob Deasy
How to Apply: electronically
Date Posted: 2/13/19
© 2018 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE Content Managed by TURFCLOUD