Facility Name: Bull’s Bridge Golf Club
Facility Location: South Kent, CT 06785
Position / Title: Equipment/Shop Manager
Facility Description: Bull’s Bridge is a private golf-centric club designed by world renowned Fazio Golf Design. Constructed in 2003, the Club is known for beautiful views, a challenging course, and impeccable turfgrass quality and conditions. We are ranked as one of the top clubs in Connecticut and average 10,000 rounds/season. Our mission is to “WOW” our members and guests every day that we are open from April through November. We expect to be compared to the best clubs in the country when it comes to the daily presentation of the course, green speeds, etc. Maintaining both leased and owned equipment assets, like new, is paramount to achieving the high expectations that our members set.
Experience Desired: 5+ years as a proven top Mechanic. Assistant Technicians with outstanding references will also be considered
Duties Description:Position Overview Highlights
o Your daily routine revolves around the cutting units, their Q.O.C/H.O.C and consistency
o Observe equipment in use and after-cut appearance each day
o Develop and maintain a world class preventative reel/bed knife sharpening program
o Ensure plant health and green speed equipment is ready at a moment’s notice
o Proactively plan and execute maintenance and ordering programs for each type of machinery
o Manage inventories
o Keep downtime to the lowest possible level
o Help the grounds staff on the golf course with daily tasks when needed
o Be available for extended hours/on-call during tournaments, aerification operations, storm cleanup, or other urgent situations that may arise
o Using compiled notes and guidance from Superintendent prepares and presents an annual equipment/tool purchase or replacement plan and R&M operations budget request
o Prioritize off season maintenance and purchase plan
o An opportunity to perform more time consuming rebuilds, etc. without downtime constraints of the active mowing/golf season
o Keep winter equipment running efficiently and fix any problems that may arise.
o Develop and execute building maintenance/improvement projects
o Invest in learning and teaching
o Perform a SWOT analysis with mgmt. team to ensure operations are improved each year
o Set goals and sync golf/maintenance calendars
· A team player with a great attitude and a “what’s next!?” mentality
· A career minded individual, passionate about the golf/turf industry
· An “owner” who takes pride in all things related to the use, care, and storage of Bull’s Bridge’s equipment
· A communicator who participates, stays engaged and curious with the daily happenings on the course
· A proactive, critical thinker with foresight and vision
Compensation / Benefits:
Total Comp package starting at $100,000.
• Ability to design/tailor shop to your needs
• A great location to live/work
• An Assistant technician
• Paid vacation
• Uniforms supplied
• Discounted Pro-Shop merchandise
• Health Insurance
• Expenses paid for continuing education/training expenses
• Golf Privileges
Education Level Required:
Date Position Available: Dec. 6th
Application Deadline: Dec 3rd, open until filled
To Apply: Email Superintendent, Steve Hicks
Provide Cover Letter, Resume and References
Date Posted: November 23, 2021
Facility Name: Tuckahoe Turf Farms
Facility Location: Berwick, Maine
Position Title: Assistant Farm Manager
Tuckahoe Turf has been growing turf for the professional for over 40 years and has more farm locations than any turf grower in New England. Tuckahoe is the preferred choice for a wide variety of professional, municipal, commercial, and residential uses. Homes, parks, golf courses, and major sports fields use Tuckahoe as their sod solution. Our Berwick, Maine farm location is approximately 500 acres and we are looking to add to our team in order to continue to provide our customers with the sod quality they have come to expect.
Responsiblities: Looking for an individual willing to learn and assist our current team in all facets of sod management. Candidate will be included in field prep, seeding, fertilizer and spray applications, irrigation, mowing, sod harvesting, and many other aspects of the business that help our team provide for our customers.
Qualifications: Farm experience is not necessary, but the candidate should be motivated with a willingness to acquire the skills and experience needed to succeed here. Graduate of a Turfgrass Management program and in field management in field is a positive as you will be involved with the daily maintenance of our farm. Actively diagnosing issues and applying solutions is a major part of the job. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have or acquire a Maine pesticide license.
Compensation:$50,000+ salary DOE
Paid time off (vacation, personal, major holidays), 401K after one year with 30% company match on all contributions
Paid pesticide license and continuing education
Send resume to: Ryan VonSteenburg
Availability: Late winter/Early Spring 2022
Date posted: November 11, 2021
Facility Name: Tanglewood
Facility Location: Lenox, MA
Position / Title: Grounds Manager
To learn more about this opportunity please click this link:
Date Posted: November 5, 2021
Division: Distributor of E-Z-GO golf cars & Cushman utility vehicles, Up-State New York & New England
Position: Fleet Golf Car & Specialty Vehicle Sales Development Representative
Location: Maine & New Hampshire
Seeking highly motivated, hardworking self-starter who can continually generate and close leads. The outside sales representative position is responsible for sales of golf cars and specialty/utility vehicles to golf & non-golf channels, including: country clubs, public and private golf courses, driving ranges, municipalities, camp grounds, colleges, summer camps and any other facility or entity that requires the use of lightweight transportation vehicles.
This territory is currently managed by Owner and Vice President-Sales, the candidate will work directly with them for up to a two (2) year period.
• Sell Golf Cars and Utility Vehicles to golf courses in designated territory.
• Visit potential customers, analyze their needs for equipment and propose solutions while continually building relationships throughout the territory.
• Support Owner and Vice President-Sales with day-to-day account activities for preliminary term.
• Present sales and service proposals, including lease and purchase options for golf cars and utility vehicles to customer decision makers and follow up as needed to close sales.
• Demo products at customer sites.
• Represent Five Star Golf Cars & Utility Vehicles at trade shows, bid openings, and conferences as needed.
• Keep Ownership/Manager apprised of current sales status for all golf and non-golf accounts within designated territory. Maintain accurate market data within specified CRM and complete all reporting requirements within specified time period.
• Meet or exceed assigned sales objectives on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Coordinate customer delivery, service, and administrative needs with Branch Operations Manager as necessary to ensure superior customer service.
• Overnight travel on an as-needed basis in order to service and satisfy customer needs.
•Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior outside sales experience is preferred. However, we will train the right person.
• Strong preference for sales experience in durable goods industry.
• Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills required.
• Tenacity and persistence, and the ability to continually overcome obstacles, is paramount.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Knowledge of the game of golf preferred; knowledge of golf industry a plus.
• Applicant must live in the sales territory, or be willing to relocate.
• Valid driver’s license. Frequent travel required.
• Base salary plus commission structure.
• Annual bonus opportunity.
• Company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, fuel card, and approved business expenses.
• Health insurance
• Company matched retirement plan
Five Star Golf Cars & Utility Vehicles is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a compensation package that is very competitive to industry levels. Please submit a current resume detailing your skills, achievements and education to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key words: golf car sales, specialty vehicle sales, turf equipment, golf course, golf equipment, outside sales.
© 2020 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE