SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
300 Arnold Palmer Boulevard, Norton, MA 02766 • 774-430-9040
The GCSA of New England Scholarship Awards
- Information for Applicants -
The GCSA of New England Scholarship Awards offer educational aid to the spouse, children, and grandchildren of all GCSA of New England members. Scholarships are awarded annually, with the outstanding applicant receiving the Thomas Schofield Memorial Scholarship.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of GCSA of New England members. All decisions of the committee will be final. Applicants will be notified by mail of their status by August 15 of the year submitted.
1. One or more of the applicant's parents, grandparents, or spouse must have been a GCSANE member for three or more consecutive years and must be a current and active GCSANE member. Children or grandchildren of deceased members are also eligible if the member was currently active at the time of his or her death.
2. The student must be enrolled full-time at an accredited institution of higher learning, or in the case of high school seniors, must be accepted at such an institution for the next academic year. Graduating high school seniors must attach a letter of acceptance to their application. Preference will be given to applicants associated with those who have actively participated in activities of the GCSA of New England and the Scholarship and Benevolence Tournament.
3. Past winners are ineligible to apply.
4. Although any number of students from the same family may apply, only one student per family will be eligible to receive an award each calendar year.
5. The student does not have to be studying in afield related to turfgrass management.
6. Preference will be given to applicants associated with those who have actively participated in activities of the GCSA of New England and the Scholarship and Benevolence Tournament.
Criteria for Selection
1. Applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievement, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership, and outside employment.
2. The student's composition of an original 500-word essay relating to personal achievements and scholarship worthiness.
How to Apply
Students must complete and submit the attached application form and supply the following:
1. Transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended.
2. Typed original essay.
3. Graduating high school seniors must attach a collegiate letter of acceptance to their application.
All applications must be POSTMARKED by July 1 of the year submitted.
Send the packet to:
GCSA of New England Scholarship Award
300 Arnold Palmer Blvd.
Norton, MA 02766