SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
300 Arnold Palmer Boulevard, Norton, MA 02766 • 774-430-9040
The GCSA of New England Scholarship Awards
- Information for Applicants -
The GCSA of New England Scholarship Awards offer educational aid to the spouse, children, and grandchildren of all GCSA of New England members. Scholarships are awarded annually, with the prominent applicant receiving the Thomas Schofield Memorial Scholarship and the secondary applicant receiving the David Comee Memorial Scholarship.
Applications will be reviewed by the Trustees of the Scholarship and Benevolence Charitable Trust. Final awards will be approved by the Board of Directors . Applicants will be notified by mail of their status by August 15 of the year submitted.
1. Applicants must be an immediate family member of a GCSANE member. For scholarship requirements, an immediate family member shall be defined as a spouse or child of a member. At the discretion of the Trustees, the definition may extend to step-children who reside in the household of a member or the grandchild of a member where the member is also the primary caregiver for the grandchild.
2. One of the applicant's parents, spouse, or grandparent (as defined above) must have been a GCSANE member for three
or more consecutive years, and must be a current and active GCSANE member.
3. Past scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
4. Applicants must be attending an undergraduate college or university and enrolled full-time at an accredited institution of higher learning, carrying 12 or more credit hours per semester.
5. Applicants do not have to be studying in a field related to Turf Management.
6. Provide proof of acceptance or attendance at an accredited college or university and provide yearly tuition requirements.
7. School transcript.
8. Applications must be returned by July 1. Final selections are made in August and awards given by August 15.
Criteria for Selection
1. Applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievement, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership, and
2. The student must submit an original, not to exceed, 500-word essay relating to personal achievements and scholarship
To apply please complete the Scholarship Application Form Below.
All applications must be submitted by July 1.