Facility Name: Sandy Burr Country Club
Facility Location: Wayland, MA
Position / Title: Turf Equipment Technician
Facility Description: 18 Hole Public Golf Course
Experience Desired: Mechanical background
Duties Description: Maintain all golf course equipment, reel and bed knife grinding.
Special Skills: Communicate with the Superintendent and be a team player.
Compensation / Benefits: $22-$25/Hr, 40Hrs/Week, health and dental insurance, vacation, 401k after 1000hrs of work.
Date Position Available: March 2021
Apply To: Andrew Lamy, Golf Course Superintendent
Date Posted: January 20, 2020
Facility Name: Robert T Lynch Municipal Golf Course
Facility Location: 1281 West Roxbury Pkwy, Brookline, MA 02467
Position / Title: Equipment Repair and Maintenance Technician
Facility Description: Municipal
Experience Desired: A minimum of five years training and/or mechanic experience in the maintenance and repair of golf course equipment; minimum of three years of experience and training in golf course maintenance and upkeep; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Duties Description: The Town of Brookline Recreation Department is seeking an Equipment Repair and Maintenance Technician to join the team at the Robert T. Lynch Municipal Golf Course to perform skilled technical maintenance and manual labor related to the construction, care and maintenance of municipal golf equipment; inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical failure in various golf course maintenance equipment such as diesel, gasoline, electric and small engine equipment; performs major and minor mechanical repairs on all power train, hydraulic and electric components of turf equipment; assists the Golf Course Superintendent in coordination, scheduling and performance of a preventative maintenance program within allocated budget; and other work as required.
Compensation / Benefits: $28.23 hourly, plus generous benefits.
Date Position Available: 1/15/21
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Apply To: Town of Brookline
To view more about this position click here
How to Apply (electronically): http://www.brooklinema.gov/1415/Job-Opportunities-New
Date Posted: 1/15/21
Facility Name: SGS Turf Care
Facility Location: Manchester, NH
Position / Title: Turf Manager
Facility Description: Agronomic Applications & Irrigation Service for Athletics, Golf & High-End Lawn Care
Experience Desired: Turf Management, Irrigation R&M, Pesticide & Fertilizer Applications
Duties Description: Would you like to be part of a team that invests in you? Do you want to be a part of a company where you can grow and advance within the company? How about a company that values your quality of life outside of work?
If you answered YES…..then come join our team!
We are looking for a team member who is professional, organized, has a positive attitude, takes great pride in their work, who works well within a team, but can also work independently when needed.
This would be an excellent employment opportunity for a competent turf specialist looking for a superior work environment, competitive pay, and the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. Basically, the owner is looking for a #2 person who can work with him to continue to grow the company and take it to the next level.
SGS Turf Care is a professional turf application and irrigation service company, founded in 2015 by a former golf course superintendent. The company is well established and has attained double digit revenue growth every year. We have achieved this because, we pride ourselves in producing high quality turf and providing excellent customer service. Our focus is on quality not quantity. As experts in turfgrass management, we offer more than basic lawn service and turf applications. Our clients include universities, private schools, school districts, high-end residential lawns, and golf courses.
COVID-19 note……Physical distancing comes natural with this position with working outdoors and having a designated workspace and vehicle.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Applying fertilizers and chemicals
• Maintaining records of applications – for clients and the state
• Communicating with clients
• Properly maintaining, loading and transporting equipment
• Irrigation repair and maintenance
• Assisting with athletic field maintenance tasks
Duration: This is a full-time year-round position. Work weeks are typically 5 days with only occasionally working on weekends.
• Have or obtain a NH Operational Pesticide License - Category G2
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds (fertilizer bags)
• Computer/tech skills
Compensation / Benefits:
• Compensation: Salary range $50,000 - $60,000 DOE
• Benefits: Flexibility with work schedule, PTO, IRA with company match, phone allowance, expenses for professional associations and development, paid expenses to obtain/maintain license(s), bonuses.
Education Level Required: Some level of green industry training
Date Position Available: Immediately
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Apply To: Justin Santos
How to Apply (electronically): Email a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Date Posted: January 15, 2021
Facility Name: Cohasset Golf Club
Facility Location: Cohasset, MA
Position / Title: Internship
Facility Description: Established in 1984, Cohasset Golf Club is one of the oldest private clubs in New England. Cohasset Golf Club is a challenging 18-hole Donald Ross course located on the South Shore of Boston.
• Must be currently enrolled in or graduated from an accredited turf management program with a desire to be a golf course superintendent.
• Ability to maintain high work ethic and function in a team environment.
• Possession of a valid driver's license.
• Have or obtain a current Massachusetts pesticide applicators license.
• Must have a positive, can do, personality.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position: Placement student will be an integral part of the daily maintenance operation. Students will work with the Superintendent and Assistant in all aspects of golf course management to deliver unparalleled daily tournament conditions.
• To learn how to operate and maintain all pieces of equipment
• To learn and implement the calibration and application of all fertilizers and pesticides
• To record all information on daily activities, climate, pesticide applications and fertilizer applications
• To perform basic skills in irrigation system maintenance and repair
• To check the course every day, as well as preparing the golf course for daily play
• To syringe turf areas as needed, as well as directing the green keepers who are syringing
• To lead small crews and oversee small scale projects on the golf course
• To perform other duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant
Golf Course Projects executed in 2021:
• New Maintenance Facility
• Dredging of irrigation pond
• Small projects consisting of new forward tee, tee expansion, and cart path renovation
Compensation / Benefits:
•$15-18/hour + OT
• On Site housing
• Golf privileges
• Fees covered for pesticide licensing and regional turf conferences
• Potential to be promoted to second assistant
Date Position Available: Spring 2021
Application Deadline: April 2021
Apply To: Mike Leahy
Cohasset Golf Club
P.O. Box 247
Cohasset, MA 02025
How to Apply (electronically): Please email resume and cover letter
Facility Name: Carpenter Costin Tree & Landscape
Facility Location: 4 East Coast Road, Danvers, MA
Position / Title: Turf, Tree and Shrub Program Manager
Facility Description: Tree and landscape company
• Knowledge of Turf Insect and Disease Diagnosis and Treatments
• Knowledge of Insect and Diseases Diagnosis and treatments for trees and shrubs
• Turf, Tree and Shrub Program Sales Experience
• Degree in plant soil sciences, arboriculture, or related major
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years field experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Valid Mass Pesticide License
Duties Description: Turf, tree and shrub care program management, sales and production.
Special Skills: Knowledge of tree, shrub, turf insect/disease diagnosis and treatment strategies. Specialized knowledge of turf care required.
Education Level Required: Minimum 2 years experience in a turf care. Knowledge of tree, shrub, turf insect/disease issues and treatment strategies.
Date Position Available: April 1, 2021
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Apply To: email@example.com or call 781-598-1924 and ask for Bonnie
How to Apply (electronically): Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facility Name: Golf Club of New England
Facility Location: Stratham, NH
Position / Title: Turf Equipment Technician
Facility Description: Private 18 holes
Experience Desired: At least 3 years experience as golf course mechanic or related field
Duties Description: Golf Club of New England is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic to oversee and maintain a broad spectrum of turf care equipment.
The equipment manager/mechanic will be responsible for a mixed fleet of Toro and John Deere greens, tees, fairway and rough mowers. John Deere tractors, gators and aerifiers. Club car carts (member carts and utility carts), as well as many other small pieces of Stihl and Honda equipment.
The equipment tech must possess good organizational and record keeping skills.
Must be able to perform moderate physical labor.
Must be able to communicate with superintendent and assistant superintendent on a daily basis.
Must be responsible for ordering parts and keeping track of inventory.
Proficiency in Express Dual 3000 and Angle Master 3000 grinding is preferred.
Has an understanding of reel grinding and mower setup and the effect on course conditions.
Has the ability to establish preventative maintenance programs.
Shop organization skills.
Understanding of golf course equipment electronics and hydraulics.
Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
All other job related skills such as welding, fabricating, electrical will be taken into consideration.
Compensation / Benefits: DOE. 2 weeks Paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance
Education Level Required: Associates or Bachelors
Date Position Available: ASAP
Application Deadline: None
Apply To: Brian Hawkes – Golf Course superintendent
How to Apply (electronically): Cell: 978-604-1441 or email@example.com
Date Posted: January 13, 2021
Facility Name: Sassamon Trace Golf Course
Facility Location: Natick, MA
Position / Title: Golf Course Mechanic
Facility Description: 9 Hole Municipal Golf Course
Experience Desired: Extensive experience working on engines/small engines
Duties Description: Perform routine maintenance and repairs on golf course equipment
Special Skills: Previous experience working on turf equipment a plus
Compensation / Benefits: Hourly (20-30hrs/week)
Date Position Available: 2/1/21
Apply To: Eric Fontaine Golf Course Superintendent
How to Apply (electronically): firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 1/12/21
© 2020 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE