Company Name: Atlantic Golf & Turf
Position Location: Eastern New England (Primary Focus Rhode Island)
Position / Title: Territory Manager
Facility Description: Atlantic Golf & Turf is an independent distributor of fertilizer, turf seed, and control products focusing on the continued agronomic success of its customers. Our team focuses on working hard, learning the science, and having Fun! We encourage employees to get involved, share ideas, and collaborate within the industry to improve our customer experience. We pride ourselves on giving back every chance we get.
Experience Desired: Established history of building agronomic consulting and sales relationships within the territory.
Duties Description: We are looking for an experienced outside sales representative to work with a diverse turfgrass customer base in Rhode Island and surrounding territory. Markets include but are not limited to Golf, Lawn Care, and Sports Turf.
Responsibilities include developing and implementing an agreed upon marketing plan that will:
• Meet both personal and business goals of an expanding customer base.
• Demonstrate technical product knowledge.
• Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers.
• Develops leads through referrals and prospecting.
Special Skills: Pesticide Dealer license required. Positive attitude and desire to learn.
Compensation / Benefits: Very competitive salary plus bonus structure, Health, Dental, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Vehicle. We also support and encourage continuing education.
Position Available: Immediately
How to Apply: Interested qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via e-mail to the address below;
Apply To: email@example.com
Please call with any questions
Chris Cowan – 413-530-5040
Scott Mackintosh – 774 551-6083
Date Posted: April 19, 2021
Facility Name: City of Portland, Parks, Recreation & Facilities Facility
Location: Portland, Maine
Position / Title: Athletic Facilities Steward
Facility Description: Municipality
Experience Desired: Knowledge of the principles, practices, equipment and techniques used in general construction, maintenance and repair work. Experience with sports fields and turf maintenance equipment is preferred. Experience working on synthetic athletic fields: sweeping, lining, disinfecting, general cleaning, equipment placement, seam repairs, turf replacement, compaction relief and snow removal. Being an Accredited Organic Land Care Professional (AOLCP) and/or Certified Sports Field Manager (CSFM) Certified is preferred. Special Necessary Requirements: Must possess a valid State of Maine Class B Motor Vehicle Operator’s license or have the ability to obtain during the probationary period; Successful completion of a physical assessment that measures cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, strength, and endurance. Must possess a valid Maine Commercial Pesticide License in Turf (3B) and Utility Right of Way Vegetation Management (6A) or another state’s equivalent which must be transferred to a State of Maine License within the probationary period and/or within (6) months of appointment to the position. First Aid & CPR training required. Must possess valid Maine Class B driver’s license and must have and maintain a good driving record. Federally mandated drug test required. High school diploma or equivalent. Must possess physical strength and agility necessary to perform the essential functions of the job duties. Must pass pre-employment medical exam. Must be able to work weekends, nights, and different shifts required by seasonal commitment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory criminal conviction background check.
Duties Description: 40 hours/week. (Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) - This position is part of the athletic facilities crew that maintains 40+ fields, over 94 acres and two synthetic turf stadiums. This position is a working leader of a crew of skilled and semi-skilled workers, laborers and seasonal staff. Knowledge of and working experience conducting athletic field maintenance, sports field regulations, organic turf care, landscaping and irrigation and drainage systems is required. Must have experience with athletic field maintenance including cutting infields, squaring and lining fields, base replacement, mound building, managing and repairing lips, field leveling and mowing techniques, trash removal and other related physically demanding tasks. Experience maintaining, repairing and operating landscape and turf care equipment such as skid-steers, tool cats, backhoes, sidewalk plows, front end loaders, tractors, large commercial mowers and other equipment is required. Knowledge safety standards pertaining to the use of sports turf management. Prior working experience leading and/or supervising crew(s) of skilled and semi-skilled workers, laborers and seasonal staff.
Special Skills: Being an Accredited Organic Land Care Professional (AOLCP) and/or Certified Sports Field Manager (CSFM) Certified is preferred. Must possess a valid Maine Commercial Pesticide License in Turf (3B) and Utility Right of Way Vegetation Management (6A) or another state’s equivalent which must be transferred to a State of Maine License within the probationary period and/or within (6) months of appointment to the position. First Aid & CPR training required. Must possess valid Maine Class B driver’s license and must have and maintain a good driving record.
Compensation / Benefits: Pay rate starting at $840.00/week. Permanent, full-time employees receive a generous benefits package which includes 12 1⁄2 paid holidays; employee health insurance; sick and vacation leave; optional life, dental, vision and income protection insurances; choice of retirement plans; and tuition reduction program with the University of Southern Maine.
Education Level Required: High school diploma or equivalent Date Position Available: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: 04/13/2021
Apply To: Alex Marshall, Parks Director
How to Apply (electronically:
Date Posted: 04/05/2021
Facility Name: The Hotchkiss School
Facility Location: 11 Interlaken Road, Lakeville, CT 06039
Position / Title: Supervisor of Grounds
This position performs administrative and supervisory duties in planning and directing the grounds maintenance staff and upkeep of all school property, roadways, athletic fields, core campus, golf course and wooded areas comprised of 540 campus acreage, as well coordinating maintenance needs for the ice rinks for Hotchkiss School, and general maintenance needs of Fairfield Farm (287 acres). Grounds also supports all facility event needs, which include graduation, alumni weekend, summer concerts, and other community events open to the public, as well as other school events erecting tents or overseeing outside vendor support.
● High school graduate required; College Degree Preferred
● At least five (5) years prior relevant work experience in supervisory capacity with proven capacity to lead.
● A current driver’s license
● A current Connecticut Supervisory Pesticide License, and the ability to maintain certification completing required continuing education credits for renewal.
● Possess the essential rapport and strong ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, as well as the general campus population.
● Extensive knowledge of methods, tools and practices used in grounds maintenance activities.
● Extensive knowledge of methods, tools and practices used in Golf Course maintenance, and turf management.
● Strong ability to recognize occupational hazards and take appropriate safety precautions.
● Strong ability to direct, instruct, schedule and supervise the work of grounds employees.
● Strong ability to use and maintain a variety of hand tools, power tools, and other related equipment.
● Strong ability to communicate effectively.
● Requires strong organizational capabilities and self-directedness in executing essential responsibilities.
● Computer proficiency to effectively manage department budgeting, ordering, communication, scheduling, and personnel matters.
Located in the scenic Berkshire-Taconic landscape in the quiet northwest corner of Connecticut, The Hotchkiss School is a community in which faculty and staff members build careers and grow as professionals. We seek to identify, recruit, and develop faculty and staff members who bring a diversity of experiences, perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. Collectively, we are dedicated to supporting the intellectual, social, and emotional growth of 600 students who come from around the country and the world. In the 2020-2021 school year, 38 percent of Hotchkiss students are U.S. students of color, 13 percent are international, and 95 percent of students are boarders from 27 countries and 36 states in the U.S. The School is eager to accept applications from individuals who are excited to support an inclusive and warm learning community for students from a wide array of backgrounds and experiences.
As a working manager, this position will perform all related tasks as required and will include indoor as well as outdoor work. This position requires effective team management, assigning daily responsibilities as well as anticipating, maintaining and effectively executing scheduled work supporting a variety of school programming, maintaining safety considerations at all times.
Critical to this position is the demonstration of effective managerial proficiency, supporting positive employee relations and positive service communications with all school constituents. An expanded scope of technical proficiency is necessary to support staff training and the supervision of turf management for both athletic fields and specialized resource needs of the golf course.
As a supervisor within the facilities department, this position requires the projection of a positive and professional image as a representative of the School, demonstrating attention to detail, effective time management for self and others, and a strong work ethic for their department employees to emulate. The position is accountable for quality job performance and for effective participation and support of the best interests of The Hotchkiss School.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Maintain campus to standards established for The Hotchkiss School; seek ways to improve current standards.
● Supervise, maintain, and evaluate required standards communicating expectations to personnel assigned to the Grounds Department in Facilities.
● Determine resource needs, anticipating short and long-term planning for all maintenance equipment in conjunction with Director of Facilities and budget approval.
● Supervise all maintenance and resource needs on the Golf Course including those identified by the Golf Pro.
● Supervise effective execution of scheduled and routine projects.
● Perform routine checks and inspections to insure quality of work supported by the Grounds Department
● Monitor expense and supervise outside contractors performing work on campus grounds.
● Assist in the development, review, and evaluation of procedures and policies for the Grounds Department.
● Sit as a member of pertinent committees. CC&E, CD&SC, Woods, Arboretum, and Safety.
● Participate and provide leadership in the development of short and long-term goals and objectives for assigned areas of responsibility.
● Comply with and maintain all required recordkeeping for the grounds department, following applicable local, state, and federal regulatory authority. Cooperate with and coordinate relevant agency visits and inspections, notlimited to (DEEP, EPA, & OSHA, etc).
● Make recommendations as to personnel requirements of the grounds in the Facilities Department.
● Instruct personnel in the proper and safe utilization of tools and equipment.
● Cross train employees to insure depth of coverage, essential to all phases of grounds maintenance.
● Perform annual goal setting and written performance evaluations for department personnel, including managing corrective action in disciplinary matters.
● Develop and conduct effective training programs/sessions for assigned areas of responsibility all for Grounds personnel.
● Actively foster cooperation and teamwork, supporting individual and collective initiative.
Other Responsibilities Include:
● Coordinate and supervise all tree work on campus as well as Arboretum mapping and tagging.
● Oversee all memorials and plantings on campus.
● Assure that grounds equipment is maintained and ready for use.
● Supervise and maintain the Schools fuel management system.
● Recommend and oversee the installation and operation of irrigation projects and systems.
● Supervise the composting of campus organic waste and coordinate the transportation of Schools food waste for composting.
● Coordinate the operation of the School’s trash and metal dumpsters.
● Create and maintain the Campus wildflower meadows.
● Supervise all set-ups for outdoor special school events. Designated as lead person for Graduation and Reunion events.
● Additional duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Special Skills: See above – CT Supervisory Pesticide License/Certification
Compensation / Benefits:
This is an exempt staff position working on a calendar year basis within the Facilities Department of Hotchkiss School. It does not provide housing. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education level. Hotchkiss provides a comprehensive benefit package, which includes a variety of health insurance offerings, dental, vision, life, and short- and long-term disability offerings, HSA/FSA options, and retirement benefits through TIAA.
Education Level Required: College Preferred, Relevant Work Experience Essential
Date Position Available: June 4, 2021
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
Apply To: Go to or click on:
How to Apply: Electronically through our careers page above. Interested candidates may contact HROffice@Hotchkiss.org for support with navigating application process. Or contact Wendy MacKenzie, Associate Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone (860)435-3876)
Date Posted: April /1/2021
Facility Name: Orchards Golf Club
Facility Location: South Hadley, MA
Position / Title: Equipment Manager
Facility Description: 18 Hole Private
Experience Desired: Mechanic experience required
-Must a have a positive attitude and the ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and staff
-Must be able to work a set schedule of Monday to Friday 530am to 2pm from April 1-November 1. The winter schedule may be flexible and negotiated with supervisor.
-Maintain a mixed fleet of new, and older equipment including preventative maintenance measures including diesel engines
-Must be hard working and self-motivated and have a drive to succeed within your industry
-Ability to assist in the training of all staff on all equipment
-A willingness to assist in all aspects of the agronomy team
-Daily meetings with supervisor to discuss schedules and details
-Perform Grinding of all reel mowers as well as bed knives as needed (Training can be provided)
-Ability to work each month within budget and properly forecast expenses on major repairs
-Ability to work with salesman and parts departments to place orders as needed for shop
-Responsible for the safe upkeep and cleanliness of the shop and outside shop area including assisting in repairs needed to shop
-Assist superintendent in decisions regarding equipment purchases and repairs
-Must have own tools
-Willingness to work outside in winter months assisting superintendent
-Reel grinding experience or the willingness to get trained to grind reels
-A POSITIVE ATTITUDE with an eagerness to succeed
Paid PTO after 1 year
Paid Sick Days
401k after 1 year
Medical and Dental and Vision Insurance available
Lunches while working
Full Golfing Privileges
Education Level Required: High School or GED
Date Position Available: April 3, 2021
Application Deadline: April 10, 2021
Apply To: David Parson, Superintendent
How to Apply: electronic only
Date Posted: March 31. 2021
Facility Name: White Cliffs Country Club and Community Association
Facility Location: Plymouth, MA
Position/Title: Irrigation Specialist
White Cliffs Country Club and Community Association is seeking an Irrigation Specialist to oversee the maintenance, operation, and upkeep of the irrigation system and pump stations for our 18 hole golf course and 358 upscale housing units. This position will be a key role as one of our agronomy team members, being the main point of contact for all things irrigation. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter that relishes the opportunity to take ownership of their position, ensuring the efficient operation of the irrigation program with limited supervision.
Essential job duties:
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on the irrigation system and pumps
• Daily monitoring and record keeping of water usage at pump stations
• Operate, program, and troubleshoot field controllers
• Maintain up-to-date inventory of parts and supplies
• Identify turf areas that are too wet or dry, and make adjustments as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Salary and benefit information:
• $18-$21 per hour based on experience
• Health/Dental insurance options, 401(k) with company match, PTO, Uniforms, Golf privileges, company issued shirts, sweat shirts and rain gear.
White Cliffs is an exclusive golf and resort style Country Club situated on Cape Cod Bay. The Community boasts ocean views of Cape Cod Bay, an award winning landscape, a tournament conditioned private golf course, state of the art Har-Tru clay tennis courts, and 1500 linear feet of private beach front property. All of this makes White Cliffs an amazing place to work.
If you are self-motivated, enjoy working outdoors, and have a desire to work in a team oriented environment, White Cliffs will offer you the challenge to learn as much as you like; the ability to work with state of the art equipment, and a friendly team oriented environment.
Apply To: Lianne Larson, Superintendent
White Cliffs Country Club and Community Association
1 East Cliff Drive
Plymouth, MA 02360
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Date Posted: March 30, 2021
Facility Name: Poquoy Brook Golf Club
Facility Location: Lakeville, MA
Position: Golf Course Turf Technician
Opportunity for an experienced candidate to take a leadership role in the golf course maintenance department. Candidate must possess a MA pesticide applicator license (or ability to obtain one within the first 45 days), valid driver's license and a demonstrated ability to effectively supervise staff.
Individual will work closely with Golf Course Superintendent on all aspects of golf course maintenance. Individual will be relied upon to train, supervise and help run the day to day operations of the grounds team. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills with an emphasis on communication with team and club management and a strong focus on service and hospitality standards.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, watering, irrigation repair, chemical and fertilizer applications, course set-up, tree management, drainage improvements, equipment repair and maintenance.
Full time long seasonal position
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
Apply to: John LeClair, Superintendent
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Facility Name: Thomson Country Club
Facility Location: 2 Mid-Iron Dr., North Reading, MA 01864
Facility Description: Private 18-hole country club with a brand new maintenance facility including lift and Foley grinders.
Experience Desired: Golf course mechanic experience is preferred. Knowledge of grinding, reel maintenance, welding, hydraulics and small engine repair.
Duties Description: Service and maintain all equipment. Record keeping, budgeting and tracking cost. Willingness to assist in all operations of the club.
Special Skills: Computer literacy
Compensation / Benefits: Highly Competitive, commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 401k, paid vacation, local association dues, uniforms
Application Deadline: Open
How to Apply: email or by mail
Apply To: Theodore Perry, Superintendent
2 Mid-Iron Dr.
North Reading, MA 01864
Date Posted: March 24, 2021
Facility Name: Riverside Services
Facility Location: 179 Boston Rd. Southborough, MA
Position / Title: Lawn Care Technician
Facility Description: Landscaping/Lawn Care
Experience Desired: 3 years
Duties Description: This candidate must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of lawn care application practices to include: diagnosing turf problems, performing fertilizer and pesticide applications, calibrating application equipment, mixing liquid products for applications, order product as necessary, operate equipment, basic maintenance to equipment, scheduling of applications, and communicating with managers. Position requires minimal supervision and conducts all jobs in a safe manner and, if necessary, directing another crew of one or two other employees. The Advanced Lawn Care Technician is required to complete all paperwork and administrative requirements related to the job while creating and maintaining a professional job atmosphere.
Compensation / Benefits: $1500 Sign on Bonus + $27-32 per hour
Education Level Required: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Turfgrass Management is preferred, but not required
Date Position Available: March 1, 2021
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021
Apply To: Jason Scott
How to Apply (electronically): email@example.com
Date Posted: March 2, 2021
© 2020 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE