Facility Name: Cohasset Golf Club
Facility Location: Cohasset, MA
Position / Title: Internship
Facility Description: Established in 1984, Cohasset Golf Club is one of the oldest private clubs in New England. Cohasset Golf Club is a challenging 18-hole Donald Ross course located on the South Shore of Boston.
• Must be currently enrolled in or graduated from an accredited turf management program with a desire to be a golf course superintendent.
• Ability to maintain high work ethic and function in a team environment.
• Possession of a valid driver's license.
• Have or obtain a current Massachusetts pesticide applicators license.
• Must have a positive, can do, personality.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position: Placement student will be an integral part of the daily maintenance operation. Students will work with the Superintendent and Assistant in all aspects of golf course management to deliver unparalleled daily tournament conditions.
• To learn how to operate and maintain all pieces of equipment
• To learn and implement the calibration and application of all fertilizers and pesticides
• To record all information on daily activities, climate, pesticide applications and fertilizer applications
• To perform basic skills in irrigation system maintenance and repair
• To check the course every day, as well as preparing the golf course for daily play
• To syringe turf areas as needed, as well as directing the green keepers who are syringing
• To lead small crews and oversee small scale projects on the golf course
• To perform other duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant
Golf Course Projects executed in 2021:
• New Maintenance Facility
• Dredging of irrigation pond
• Small projects consisting of new forward tee, tee expansion, and cart path renovation
Compensation / Benefits:
•$15-18/hour + OT
• On Site housing
• Golf privileges
• Fees covered for pesticide licensing and regional turf conferences
• Potential to be promoted to second assistant
Date Position Available: Spring 2021
Application Deadline: April 2021
Apply To: Mike Leahy
Cohasset Golf Club
P.O. Box 247
Cohasset, MA 02025
How to Apply (electronically): Please email resume and cover letter
Date Posted: January 15, 2021
© 2020 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE