Facility Name: Blue Hill Country Club
Facility Location: Canton, MA
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Blue Hill Country Club is a private country club located in Canton, Massachusetts owned and operated by Concert Golf Partners. The club was established in 1925. It has hosted professional tournaments on both the PGA Tour and LPGA Tour, including the PGA Championship in 1956.
The Club includes two courses: the 18-hole Championship Course designed by Eugene Wogan, and the 9-hole Challenger Course designed by Wogan’s son Phil. Both courses were restored in 2003 by architect Ron Prichard who specializes in Donald Ross golf course restorations.
1 year of experience as an Intern, 2nd Assistant or above preferred. Will train the right candidate.
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who is driven, outgoing, has great communication skills and works well in a team environment. The Assistant will work closely with the Superintendent and co-assistant to achieve our club’s high standards and expectations.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Working closely with the Superintendent to achieve agronomic goals
• Leading day to day operations by communicating daily assignments through morning meetings
• Staff management and leadership
• Chemical and fertilizer applications
• Irrigation repair and maintenance
• Hand watering/irrigation
• Equipment maintenance
*This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to bolster their professional career in the golf industry and who feel ‘stuck’ in their current situation. Concert Golf currently owns and operates 22 clubs and is looking to grow its portfolio to 40 clubs. There is a great opportunity to grow within the organization that prides themselves on promoting from within. Project highlights for the upcoming season:
• Cart path renovations
• Major bunker and green surround renovations
• Tree removal
Must have a MA pesticide applicators license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire. Spray experience is a must!
Compensation / Benefits:
$50,000 - $55,000 Annually DOE. Room for growth within the company.
• Medical/dental/vision insurance after company waiting period
• 6 (6) days company paid holidays per year
• One (1) week Paid Time Off (PTO) – granted one week 1st and 2nd anniversary, two weeks 3rd anniversary and beyond.
• 401(k) retirement and savings plan – enrollments upon date of hire
• Employee Meals
• Playing privileges
• Company discounts
Education Level Required:
2 or 4-year degree in Turf Management or Plant, Soil and Insect Science or related field preferred.
Date Position Available: March 1, 2021
Application Deadline: February 20, 2021
Apply To: Joel Cyr
Golf Course Superintendent
Blue Hill Country Club
How to Apply (electronically or by mail):
Blue Hill Country Club
23 Pecunit Street
Canton MA, 020211
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2021
© 2020 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE