Facility Name: Bald Peak Colony Club
Facility Location: Moultonborough, NH
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent- Adding a new position to team
Facility Description: Bald Peak Colony Club is an exclusive private golf community on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in Moultonborough, NH. Set on over 1000 acres of land, the club is home to a 1921 Donald Ross golf course, a world class practice facility, clubhouse operation with fine dining, tennis courts, docks, beach, walking trails and more.
Experience Desired: Two or four-year degree in Turfgrass Management program or related field. Three to five years related experience in a private club setting or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to obtain a NH pesticide applicator’s license required. Knowledge of hand watering, chemical and fertilizer applications. Ability to manage a crew. Experience managing bent/poa a plus.
• Maintains all leased grounds and course maintenance equipment under direction from Superintendent.
• Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned in this department
• Assists in the annual review of all green and grounds staff.
• Assists in supervision of all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and other facilities on the golf course
• Assists mechanics in the operation of the equipment repair shop
• Assists in the preparation of annual budget for department; takes corrective action as necessary to help in meeting budget goals
• Develops and maintains drainage, irrigation and watering systems
• Maintains course in proper playing condition as directed by the Green and Grounds Committee.
• Works closely with the Superintendent of the Bald Peak Land Company and Bald Peak Colony Club on matters of common concern with respect to operations and objectives of the course.
• Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members and guests on course in compliance with local, state and federal laws
• Maintains complete, detailed and accurate records on maintenance quality, including without limitation, inventory, payroll, weather data, pesticide and fertilizer applications and equipment failures
• Communicates as necessary with golf professional staff to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans and scheduled events
• Insures that chemicals, petroleum and other controlled products are used, stored, and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Maintains required records and strives to minimize the use of chemicals and petroleum products
• Attends turf conferences, equipment shows, workshops and other educational programs to maintain a current knowledge of technical and turf innovations and changes that could affect the department’s operations
• Assist in the preparation and revision of grounds manual with direction from the Green and Grounds Committee
• Maintains procedures for preservation of supplies and equipment and performs periodic inventory reviews to monitor use and prevent loss or theft.
• Assists in the establishment of short and long-range plans for the golf course
• Oversees all course construction
• Conducts daily facility and Land Company grounds security checks ensuring accurate inventory of equipment and structures
• Continued professional development and training activities
• Assists in Management of all infrastructure systems; lake water provisioning, including pump house, golf course irrigation supply and resident lake water supply; septic; roads; drainage; signage; beach facilities; structures (docks and non-leased buildings). This includes maintenance and repair of these systems, and if outside contractors are required, overseeing their work. It also includes maintaining documentation for these systems and development of any other records necessary for ongoing maintenance and repairs.
• Manages and participates in snow removal from roadways and resident driveways.
• Assist in oversight of tree removal requests from Land Company residents.
• Assists in management of all resident services, including trash collection and requested residential work.
Compensation / Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Bald Peak has a competitive salary structure with opportunity for growth. Health, 401k plan, life insurance, short and long-term disability, vacations and personal time, uniforms, association dues, continuing education opportunities, golfing privileges
Education Level Required: Two or four-year degree in Turfgrass Management program or related field. Minimum three to five years related experience in a private club setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Date Position available: January 1, 2021
Application Deadline: November 15, 2020
Apply To: Caleb Rudolph, Superintendent
How to Apply (electronically or by mail):
Superintendent of Golf & Grounds
PO Box 201
Melvin Village, NH 03850
Date Posted: October 13, 2020
© 2020 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE