Facility Name: Lake Winnipesaukee Golf Club
Facility Location: New Durham, NH
Position / Title: Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: An exclusive, high-end, private golf club located in the scenic Lakes Region of New Hampshire. 18 holes of world class golf with a driving range and short game area located on 700 acres of beautiful terrain. The clubhouse includes two dining rooms, a grill room, bar, snack and lunch facilities.
Experience Desired: Previous experience as an Assistant Superintendent or 2+ years as a 2nd Assistant or Assistant in Training with supervisory/management experience preferred.
Duties Description: The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent (AGCS) at LWGC reports to the Golf Course Superintendent with oversight from the General Manager. The AGCS assists with the day-to-day oversight of the maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and surrounding grounds including but not limited to the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance complex.
• Responsible for all phases of golf course maintenance as directed by the Superintendent.
• Supervises employees in the maintenance department as needed and instructed by the Superintendent.
• Issue written and oral instructions to grounds personnel, assigning duties and examining work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Manage proper application and documentation of all chemicals and fertilizers as outlined in the agronomic plan and schedule.
• Properly operate and calibrate maintenance equipment.
• Assist in programing irrigation to not overwater the course, using only what is necessary.
• Provide coaching, training, mentoring and a safe working environment for the grounds staff.
• Report any staffing issues immediately to the Superintendent assisting with creating a great working environment.
• Create an open dialogue and build an excellent relationship with Superintendent, Director of Golf and General Manager.
• Assist with clubhouse maintenance as needed.
• Ensuring property is clear and safe for travel with snow removal on the club’s roads, parking lots, entrance area and all vents stay free and clear.
• Perform any related duties as assigned.
• Stay current with new trends, technologies, licenses and permits.
• Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk on flat and sloped terrain. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/move an average of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. Exposure to heat and cold weather, working outdoors, using chemicals and pesticides, gasoline, oil. Exposed to vibration, mechanical and electrical hazards. Work extended hours during the golf season.
Special Skills: We are looking for a highly motivated individual that has a passion for the golf course maintenance industry and a strong desire to be part of a team that provides world class golfing conditions.
Compensation / Benefits: Commensurate with experience, Health, Dental, 401K after one year, vacation, dues for GCSAA and NHGCSA membership, golf privileges.
Education Level Required: Associates or bachelor’s degree in turf management preferred. Turf certificate background paired with a high level of experience will also be given serious consideration. Previous experience as an Assistant Superintendent or 2+ years as a 2nd Assistant or Assistant in Training with supervisory/management experience preferred.
Date Position Available: March 2019
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Apply To: Marc Roberts, Golf Course Superintendent
How to Apply - electronically: Send cover letter and resume to
Date Posted: 2/15/19
© 2018 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE Content Managed by TURFCLOUD