of turfgrass management and promoting the use of best management practices
to best protect the environment.
Facility Name: Franklin Country Club
Location: Franklin, MA
Position / Title: 2nd Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: Founded in 1899, Franklin Country Club is an 18-hole, private country club and pool facility with approximately 385 members. We host roughly 20,000 annual rounds, including a variety of local and regional tournaments. FCC is home to several of the Northeast region's top amateur players. With a highly active and demanding membership, the greens department strives to provide tournament conditions on a consistent basis. Improvements to the golf course and club amenities are constant, ensuring Franklin Country Club continues its history as an inclusive, premier club in the Greater Boston area. The 2nd Assistant Superintendent is a vital position and will work closely with the Golf Course Superintendent, Assistants, staff, and will be active in all aspects of the club. We are looking for a self-driven and professional who is comfortable in a team environment. This Position is ideal for a candidate who is looking to move into an entry level management role.
Experience Desired: 1-2 years as an Intern, AIT or 2nd Assistant.
• A willingness to provide exceptional golfing conditions and assist in managing all aspects of the golf course, landscape and staff at the highest level.
• Assists in planning and executing the maintenance of greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
• Knowledge and experience of mixing and applying applications to playing surfaces is a plus but not a must.
• Implements proper hand watering practices on putting greens (Poa/Bent), Fairways, and Tees
• An individual who wants to be coached by an innovative, problem solver who is well connected in the turf industry.
• Must possess or attain MA pesticide applicator's license prior to 4/1/2024
• Applicant must be willing to work long hours during our peak golf season, which runs from April 1 through November 22.
• Knowledge of the game of golf a must.
Compensation and Benefits: $65000 to $75,000 per year. Uniforms Provided. Positive working environment. Career advancement. Health/Dental/Vision Insurance. Provided lunch from the club. 401k with employer match. Phone plan. Vacation/Sick time. Paid dues to local and national associations. Numerous networking/volunteer opportunities
Education Requirements: Associates/Certificate or Bachelors degree in turf/plant and soil science related major.
Date Position is Available: Dec 01, 2023
How to Apply, Electronically: Submit via email to:
Date Posted: Nov 01, 2023
Application Deadline: Nov 30, 2023
© 2022 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE