of turfgrass management and promoting the use of best management practices
to best protect the environment.
Facility Name: Haverhill Country Club
Location: Haverhill, MA
Position / Title: 2nd Assistant Superintendent
Facility Description: Founded in 1925 and designed by Wayne Stiles, Haverhill Golf & Country Club is a classic New England golf course that stands out as one of the most prestigious and beautiful courses in the Merrimack Valley. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual who is looking to take the next step in furthering their golf course management career. As a key member of Haverhill’s maintenance team, the 2nd Assistant Superintendent will play an integral role in all aspects of golf course management. The 2nd Assistant will work closely with the 1st Assistant and Superintendent on all aspects of golf course maintenance, including but not limited to course set-up, daily watering, and spraying and fertilizer applications. The 2nd Assistant would work closely with our greens crew and be involved in training new employees. Ideal candidates are self motivated, dependable & trustworthy professionals with a deep enthusiasm for the turfgrass management profession. Individuals who take great pride in their work, have a high attention to detail, positive attitudes & good leadership qualities that can positively impact others will be most successful. This is a full time, year-round position.
Experience Desired: Previous supervisory experience is helpful but not mandatory. Previous experience with various golf course maintenance equipment operations is helpful to be able to train others on proper equipment operation. Knowledge of irrigation system operations & repairs is also helpful along with sprayer operations.
Responsibilities Description: Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assist in chemical and fertilizer applications, water management, irrigation repair, and participate in daily maintenance practices.
• Assist and carry out a variety of cultural practices including aerification, topdressing, verti-cutting
• Play an active role in day-to-day planning and implementation
• Course scouting
• Assist in all capital and in-house projects
• Daily course set up
• Must be willing and able to obtain a Massachusetts Pesticide License in 90 days
• Most possess a valid driver’s license
• Assistant-in-Training must possess a positive attitude and the willingness to be coached, to learn, and to grow!
• Ability to work closely with the superintendent and assistant superintendent
Compensation and Benefits: $55,000-60,000. Benefit eligible with company co-paid health insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, vacation time eligible after one year, paid annual dues to GCSAA and state associations along with attendance to the GCSAA conference.
Education Requirements: Preferred, but not required; a Turf Management certificate or completed a two or four year program in a related field of study.
Date Position is Available: May 24, 2023
How to Apply: Electronically
Apply to: Max Sheridan, Superintendent
Date Posted: May 24, 2023
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
© 2022 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE