Facility Name: Eastward Ho!
Facility Location: 325 Foxhill Road: Chatham, MA 02633
Position / Title: 2nd Assistant
Eastward Ho! is a private, nationally ranked 18-hole Herbert Fowler design located on the coastline of Cape Cod in Chatham, Massachusetts. Built in 1922 the course encompasses 130 acres situated directly on a pristine 1.5 mile stretch of Atlantic Ocean shorefront. The classic Fowler design boasts unique architecture that follows the topography of glacial moraines and is considered one of the finest links style golf courses in the World.
The Second Assistant is a key position that works closely with the Superintendent and has active involvement in all aspects of turf maintenance. The position requires a professionally driven individual who operates with the highest expectations and efficiencies. Strong organizational skills and experience with administrative tasks and responsibilities are required. The Assistant must be capable of leading a seasoned crew through projects, applications, and daily operations. The successful candidate will be an individual who understands the requirements and demands of turf maintenance at a high-level private facility and who knows what it takes to be the best.
Current rankings include: Golf Magazine – “Top 100 Courses in the U.S.” (#53), Golf Week – “Top 200 Classic 2020” (#42), Golf Club Atlas – “Custodians of the Game” (#65 [#26 in U.S.]), Golf Digest – “Best Golf Courses in Massachusetts” (#5).
The successful candidate may look forward to being deeply involved in a number of career development highlights during the next one to four years, including: course preparation for a US Open qualifying event (May 2021), ongoing in-house restoration and improvement projects under the guidance of an internationally renowned architect, installation of a new state of the art irrigation system (2022-23).
Experience Desired: Two years golf course experience.
• Must be motivated by demanding work environment.
• Must possess a strong work ethic and attitude.
• 2-year commitment.
• Computer and organizational skills.
Compensation / Benefits:
• Highly competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
• Onsite Housing at no charge
• Health Insurance
• Paid vacation/sick & personal
• Life insurance
• Shoe allowance
• Local chapter education
• Golfing privileges
Education Level Required:
• Must hold or must obtain, within 6 months of hire, a turf certificate, 2-year or 4-year degree.
• Attend continuing educational turf seminars.
• Must be able to obtain a spray license from the state of MA within 6 months of hire.
• Must be able to obtain a hoisting license from the state of MA within 6 months of hire.
• Acquire and maintain licenses by meeting education requirements.
Date Position Available: April 1st
Apply To: Frank Hancock, Superintendent
How to Apply (electronically): Email cover letter, resume and references to Fhancock@eastwardho.net
Date Posted: 3/2/2021
© 2020 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • GCSANE